Volunteer With Us
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others”
– Mahatma Ghandi
Whether you donate your time, talent, or money, your service answers the prayer of someone in need. You are the heart of our organization and we could not do what we do without your help. There are lots of ways to plug in and serve our residents:
- Provide a meal for our residents
- Hold a drive at your organization to provide items on our ongoing needs list
- Be part of our new resident backpack initiative
- Organize your group for an on campus work day*
- Help with ongoing administrative needs*
- Teach a class using your skills and expertise*
- Help with special events
- Suggest a new and creative idea to serve our residents
At this time, there are limitations on individual volunteer opportunities available due to mandated COVID-19 guidelines. Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Dominique Johnson, for further information at email@example.com or 770-590-9075.
Corporate and Civic Groups
Family, friends, church and civic groups, and colleagues are welcome to volunteer together for a one-time project or special event. COVID-19 guidelines are enforced.
The Extension offers internship opportunities to those who would like to learn more about homelessness and addiction in our community.
All volunteers must complete an application and sign a Release and Waiver of Liability form. Continuing volunteers must complete our quarterly volunteer orientation. Short-term volunteers will be provided a short orientation on the day of service. Volunteers under the age of 18 must accompanied by an adult.
*Our COVID-19 Response
Connection is essential to recovery and this year of masked faces and isolation has been difficult to navigate. Although we have had a few cases of COVID, we are thankful that the cases were mild or asymptomatic attributed to what we believe to be our diligent sanitizing efforts and strictest CDC COVID guidelines; but still people continue to lose their lives to addiction. Now it’s time to take some steps back toward that critical connection with our community.
Volunteers will be considered essential, but be limited to 6 at a time.
When serving, please enter through the main lobby at the Men’s Campus and the dining hall at the Women’s. We are requiring:
- Temperature checks
- COVID symptom questionnaires to be completed
- Name tag stickers will be provided to be worn while on campus
- Six feet social distancing
* Visitation is limited to the dining area/kitchen, the Phase 1 AA room or outdoors.
* Groups are welcome to continue to drop meals off, order in from local restaurants, or make a donation to cover the cost of a meal ($75.00 for the women or $170 for the men)
We will use our website and social media outlets to keep you updated on the progress of fully opening our campuses to visitors. We encourage you to contact us for the most up-to-date information available.
For more information regarding group and individual volunteer or internship opportunities, please contact Renee McCormick, the Director of Community Relations, at ReneeMcCormick@theextension.org or 770-590-9075 x 309.